Monday, March 9, 2015

Projects for Daysss...

Well hello readers :) 
I hope this post finds you as cozy as I am right now, sitting on your couch and drinking coffee while snuggling with your dog-babies. *Deep Sigh* Lord knows I needed this. Relaxation at it's finest. But, if you find yourself sneaking this read on your lunch break (or even while on the clock, you rebel, you) then just close your eyes and repeat after me... 
"Summer is only 103 days away!" 
Feeling better, already? Yeah, you're welcome! 

 I named this blog "Pretty Big Things" because I don't know what it means to do something in a small way. When I start a project, I jump in head first and don't stop until it's done to my liking. It causes some new grey hairs sometimes, but when it's all said and done, I am one happy happy happy girl. I dream BIG, plan BIG, and do all things in a BIG way! It's just who I am am. 

"I yam what I yam an' tha's all I yam!" -Popeye. 

With that said, Josh and I finally cranked out a dog bed made from reclaimed pallet wood!! Well, I stood by and watched it happen any ways. His dad, "Treadway", and him had a blast making it while his mom, Jayne, and I directed the whole project. There might have been a few margaritas on site, too. It was such a beautiful, sunny day, that we had to honor the spring-like weather in a fun and productive way! Here are a few pictures of the finished product...

 Before the stain was applied...

 ... & after!! 

We used a dog pillow we found for Duke that we both loved, and used it for the dimensions. It turned out PERFECT!! All I want to do is add feet to it, and wood burn his name into the back board. Stay tuned for the finished product! It will be FAB-U-LOUS!! This item will soon be featured on our Etsy shop, "Treasures & Trinkets", so keep checking in if you would like to purchase one!! 

{ WEDDING UPDATE! }

Wedding planning is under way! We have OFFICIALLY picked a date for our beach nuptials. 

I will be "Mrs. Treadway" on August 31, 2016 after a small ceremony, with our closest family and friends present, held on the family oriented, beautiful beach of Ocean Isle Beach, NC at this beautiful home:

 "The Memory Maker"

If you'd like to see more, read about the proposal or our love story, check out mine and Josh's wedding website at:


The planning has started, and I will be sharing some fun DIY projects throughout the whole process so be sure to check back. Better yet, SUBSCRIBE to "Pretty Big Things" by entering your e-mail address over here on the right, and be the first to read all about the fun to come. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my check-in!! More fun projects to come, so don't stay gone for too long. With all my love,




No comments:

Post a Comment