Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I'm engaged, y'all!

Hold the freakin' phone... I AM ENGAGED! Josh (finally, yes) got down on one knee!! After 5 happy years, which were filled with many growing pains and plenty of bumps in the road, I have the privilege to call this sweet man my FIANCE! What?! Is this even real life...

It was just a regular Friday night when Josh decided it was time, and honestly, it totally caught me by surprise! I knew we were getting more serious about it being in our future, but I didn't know when... how... where... I was grungy to say the least, I had just came home from work with a bun on top of my head, make up melting off my face, and smelling like a nursing home (mm, sexy). The only thing I had on my mind was a margarita, especially after the long work day I had just endured. Hindsight is 20/20 for sure, because now that I think back on it, he was pacing around the house like he was forgetting something. I was standing at the kitchen counter going through the mail, like any other day, and I asked him if he was ready to go eat. My back turned to him, he started talking and I could hear a quiver in his voice as he took a deep breath. He began by saying, "I know you've had a long day, " which for the record, caught me off guard because we had already discussed my not-so-fabulous day, "but I was hoping I could make it better." That's when I turned around to look at him with a quizzical expression on my face, and he reached into his Carhartt jacket pocket with shaking hands to pull out a little black box. Some people talk about it all being in slow motion for them, the moment that they were proposed to, but I can't say the same. Before I knew it, a bunch of words came out of his mouth and he was down on one knee.... but all I could focus on was the fact that his eyes were red from tearing up, and he had this beautiful look on his face of true love. I do remember him asking, "I was hoping you'd spend the rest of your life with me." Crying and hugging then commenced for what felt like forever, I just couldn't believe it. I had to shake myself to remember to say, "YES!" This man, who used to always say he wasn't sure he wanted to get married, just proposed! To me! Ha! Bless his soul. I suppose after five years he knows what kind of craziness he's marrying, but all I know is that I haven't ever been so happy! Those were some of the happiest phone calls I've ever made to my Mom, my friends, and my sister... my best friend screamed in my ear for like 30 seconds, no joke. I wasn't mad at her for it either. Everyone who knows me, knows how long I have been waiting for this moment. It's finally here. 
And in case you were wondering, yes, I did get my margarita! ;)






2 comments:

  1. Love the ring! Can't wait until the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jenny! Many many days of planning and fun parties ahead of us :D

    ReplyDelete